Over 40 online dating is becoming the fastest growing method for mature singles to find true love and a lasting relationship by using a simple click of a mouse button. By going online to meet people, more and more of us are finding our perfect partners to share activities and special events with, meeting to share fabulous food and now and then spending a lovely weekend away together. But how can you successfully progress from simply browsing a virtual singles profile to finally enjoying a meaningful relationship with that person?
Whether you are chatting online, spending the evening at a bar or having dinner with your new sweetheart, it is essential that you start off your dating experience on the right foot when you meet fellow single people. Flirting is a universal tool, vital for quality human interaction. No matter how old you are flirting is a great way to feel good, stay young and attract that special someone. If you are over forty dating, being a skilled flirter can make the difference between bagging that second date and spending yet another weekend in with the telly.
Did you know that flirting is actually good for you? Research has shown that the more you flirt, the happier you become, the higher your white blood count is and thus the healthier you are and more likely to find yourself in a strong and steady relationship! So what are all you singles waiting for? Kick-start your 40 dating experience with these timeless seduction techniques and you’ll find love in no time at all!
• Eye contact is a great way for singles to flirt with each other. Not only does maintaining eye contact show that you are social and confident, but it also tells your date that you’re interested in them and not scanning crowd for other opportunities. However don’t overdo it and scare them away with the psycho stare or it’ll be another weekend at home alone for you!
• Laughter is the best medicine, and this goes for all those singles out there! Not only does laughing show your potential mate that you have a sense of humour, but it relaxes the dating situation and helps those happy endorphins flow free! Take your new friend somewhere exciting, like to a live music night or a funky new bar and Keep the topic of conversation light. When you’re over forty dating it is essential that you don’t fall in to the trap of treating your meeting like a therapy session; leave your baggage at the door and enjoy socializing! Avoid negative discussions including talk of marriage, kids and work. Asking interesting questions and laughing appropriately during the conversation will encourage your new friend to mirror you and laugh the night away, guaranteeing future dating plans!
• Complementing the other person is a great way to show him or her that you are attracted to them whilst making them feel great and winning them over. Commenting on her pretty dress or his stylish tie shows that you’re paying attention to detail, but making a personal remark such as “You have a great laugh” or “Your eyes are amazing” can really make a lasting impression and thus create more dates. As long as you’re being genuine about your compliment and don’t go overboard you’re guaranteed to make your new friend feel special and sure to get a solid reservation on your calendar for a second liaison.
• Refer to your companion by name every now and then to emphasize that you are fully focused on them and them alone. The fact that you’ve remembered their name and continue to address them shows that you have established readiness to commit and you’ll be single no more!
• Mirroring is a flirty tactic to check how compatible you really are. Use your body language to test the water; does your sweetheart comfortably copy you when you lean forward and put your hands on the restaurant table? The more flirty synchronisation that you share with your partner, the more likely you are to share further fun meetings together so carefully read his or her reaction to your touch and hopefully you’ll be all snuggled up and cosy by the end of the weekend!
• Don’t wait too long to make the first touch. Fit in a gentle graze of the arm when telling a joke, an accidental knock of feet under the table or brush the hair out of your dates face; use your prerogative on how far to take it. Subtle touching throughout your time together is an easy and fun way to gauge if you could become a serious couple eventually.
Calling all over 40 singles! When you are over 40 dating and flirting; be yourself! Whether you’re having a chit-chat on the internet prior to meeting or a face-to-face date in reality; ensure that you are truthful. Everybody flirts in their own way so simply being YOU; whether confident and cool or sweet and shy will prove endearing when you meet the right person for you and embark on a lasting, loving partnership full of great dates.
Remember: Spend some time to re-get-to-know-yourself before jumping on the online dating train. Dedicate a weekend or even a week before you put yourself on the virtual market to devote some time with the people who are close to you; family and friends. Build your confidence and flirting ability by rediscovering what makes you so loved and special by those around you and involve them in creating your perfect profile and being a part of your over 40 online dating experience.